Tuesday, July 29, 2008

If you know the answer to a problem, is it a problem?

July 28, 2008


Psalms 46:1-2 GNB
(1) God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
(2) So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths;


I was listening to a well known preacher the other day. He was talking about fretting over things all night and not turning them over to God. He said if you knew the answer to a test or trial, it would not be one. If you knew the answer, then you had been through it before. Since you do not know the answer you have not. In that case, turn to God and get the answer and if you do not get the solution right away, then do not get into worry about it.

Today's verse says much the same thing. I do not know any of the answers of my current problems (and believe me I have a few), but I have a God who does and I need to learn to rest my faith in him.

How about you?

Read through the Bible in historical order in one year

Today
2 Kings 18:9-19:37, Psalms 46:1-11, Psalms 80:1-19, Psalms 135:1-21

Tomorrow
Isaiah 49:1-53:12

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list