Saturday, May 24, 2008

When God moves away

May 24, 2008

Psalm 10(Amplified)

1 WHY DO You stand afar off, O Lord? Why do You hide Yourself, [veiling Your eyes] in times of trouble (distress and desperation)?

Did you ever feel that God is standing far away from you. Like He is watching you and not caring. Or even worse, not watching and not caring.

I know I have done that. I ran away from God and did what I wanted to do. Did God stop me? Nope. You see, God is a gentleman. He will let us run away and not stop us. No brick wall, no big hand, no nothing. It was only after I had come to my senses, like the prodigal son, that I realized that my fun life was not fun. I was broke and just about everything was going wrong. I called out to God and asked where He was.

His answer, I not moved. I had to move myself closer to God before I could begin to feel Him again. If like David, you feel God has moved far away from you, maybe it is time you moved closer to God.


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Psalms 8:1-9, Psalms 9:1-20, Psalms 10:1-18
Tomorrow

1 Chronicles 23:1-25:31


Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list