Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Being led like a horse

May 14, 2008

Did you ever think of just how pig-headed we as humans can be. We really want to do things our own way, but God wants us to help.

Psalm 32:8-9 (New Living Translation)

8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.”


So often we want things our own way. I know myself that God will speak to me when I am just about to sin. He wants to stop me. Most every time I will listen to Him. It is much easier for us to do what He asks us to. It gets so much more difficult when we have to be treated like an animal to be put under control so that we can be taught.


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Psalms 32:1-11, Psalms 51:1-19, Psalms 86:1-17, Psalms 122:1-9
Tomorrow
2 Samuel 13:1-15:37
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool