Tuesday, May 8, 2007

May 8, 2007

May 8, 2007

Luk 11:2 KJV
(2) ... Hallowed be thy name. ...

Hallowed. There is another interesting word that has fallen out of use in this day and age. Strong's concordance says: " to make holy, that is, (ceremonially) purify or consecrate; (mentally) to venerate:". Do you make holy the name of God. This means more that just not using it as a cuss word.

Growing up in the Catholic church skewed how I look at a lot of things. I used to think that the Bible could not touch the ground or it would have to be burned because that is what I was taught. I learned that the words inside is what made it holy, not the book itself. I was taught that the sanctuary was a holy place where God lived and there should be no running around. I later learned that people make the place holy not the place.

I was taught reverence but not for the right things. The thing that we should be making Holy is the name of God. How do we do that. We need to be careful of how we speak of God to people. We should not just use the name flippantly. When we speak of God we should not joke about His name.

How do you revere the name of God?