Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 19, 2007 - Child like faith

May 19, 2007

Luk 9:48 KJV
(48) And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.


Jesus spoke to His disciples to explain a very simple statement that should have been easy to understand. When someone accepts a child and helps them, then he helps Jesus and by association he also helps God.

But is it just a child. Personally I do not think so. Do not take it as Gospel, I do not know. But I would think that it is anyone who has child like faith. What do I mean by that? Have you ever watch a dad with a young child up on a jungle-jim or something like that. Daddy will tell the child to jump and though they may think about it a moment or two, they will jump in to dad's hands. They have faith in a dad who will not let them get hurt. We need to have that faith, the child like trust, that God will not let us get hurt when we jump into His arms and do what He asks. When someone helps us to do what He asks, then they also are helping Jesus and by association, Jesus. We also need to look for thoseopportunities to help those who are doing God's will.