Monday, May 28, 2007

May 28, 2007

May 28, 2007

Psa 1:5 KJV
(5) Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

I wondered about this verse a while. Will we not all, saint and sinner alike, have to stand in judgment? The NET Bible says it a little bit differently. 'The wicked cannot withstand judgment.' I am not a Greek scholar but a look at things with Strongs tells me that stand really means rise up.

A sinner will not be able to stand up when it comes to judgment. I do not know if they will fall to their knees and beg for mercy or just faint. I do know they will be judged and then the rest of the verse kicks in. They will not be able to enter in to where the righteous will be.

I know what my desires are, and I am sure that most reading these words do also. What are the desires for those around you? Do you see them being able to stand when judgment time comes?