Thursday, June 9, 2011

Privacy

June 9, 2011

The Life of Jesus; Today Read - Judas bargains to betray Jesus; Matthew 26:14-16; Mark 14:10-11; Luke 22:3-6


ESV: Luke 22:6. So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd.

I know some say that Judas sought to betray Jesus so that Jesus would be able to bring the Kingdom in to existence they way that they wanted.  I do not buy that.  I would think that if that was the case, it would not matter if there was a crowd their or not, Jesus would have been arrested, called down the angels to get Him out, and the Romans would be gone.

He chose to seek an opportunity to betray Jesus when there was no crowd there.  Am I any different.  If I am going to sin, am I going to do it out in the open where all can see me. No, I will try to hide away from the eyes of people. Judas and I are not that much different.  He sinned to betray Jesus, and when I sin, I betray the death that He gave for me.


Read for next time:  Peter & John sent to prepare for Passover; Matthew 26:17-19; Mark  14:12-16; Luke 22:7-13

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list