Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Betrayal

June 21, 2011

The Life of Jesus; Jesus predicts his betrayal; Matthew 26:21-25; Mark
14:18-21; Luke 22:21-23; John 13:21-26

I think it interesting that of the four Gospels, very few stories are
in all four.  The Last Supper is one of those.  Even in that event,
they all could not agree what happened, not that the four stories
cannot be the same event, just that they are different. Matthew hints
that Judas is the betrayer, but except for John, no one names him.  In
fact Matthew is kind of vague about it.

ESV: Matthew 26:23. He answered, He who has dipped his hand in the
dish with me will betray me.

Couldn’t that have been any one at the table? Or even worse, it could
have been me. How many times have I betrayed Him. And yet I take
communion and dip my hand in His dish.  Yet He forgives me each time.
The more I read the Bible, the more that I find it has people like me
all over it.

Read for next time: Judas leaves 13:27-30

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up
for mailing list