Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eating with Jesus

June 11, 2011

The Life of Jesus; Today Read - Fellowship in the upper room; Matthew  26:20; Mark 14:17; Luke 22:14

Through the wonders of technology I am typing these words as I am eating my meal at one of my jobs. I will later move them around and put them on the various places that I post them to on the home computer.  

Like most of my meals, I will eat alone. It is just the way I am and the nature of the jobs I have. Nothing bad about it.

Part of my time prepping for these devotions is finding a scripture, not much to worry about today.  There are only three to choose from.


BBE: Luke 22:14. And when the time had come, he took his seat, and the Apostles with him.

But it was food for thought today. I never thought about Jesus wanting to eat with me I know He wants to be part of all my life but to eat with me? He has better things with His time!

But hours before He is to die He is eating with His disciples. So as I sit alone again I must realize that I am not. Jesus wants to eat with me like He wants to be part of every part of my life.

Read for next time: Jesus washes the disciples' feet; John 13:1-20

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list