Monday, June 20, 2011

Do this...

June 20, 2011

The Life of Jesus; Today Read - The Lord's Supper; Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-25; Luke 22:14-20;  I Cor 11:23-29


ASV: Luke Chapter 22

 [19] And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] And the cup in like manner after supper, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.

Everything that Jesus did, He did for us.  I think I loose the concept sometimes.  I think of the Jesus as being someone who had a master plan to take care of bringing us back.  I loose concept of what he actually had to sacrifice for me. It is not hard to do in a world where we have so much mechanical work where one thing flows into another to think of this as just another step in the plan of Jesus.

So Jesus met with the men and said those words, ‘do this in remembrance of me.’ Now, when I take communion, I am forced to look at it as not just another step in a plan to let me go to Heaven, but as the Son of God, come to earth and going through so much pain.

I must never let what He did for me become mechanical.

Read for next time: Jesus predicts his betrayal; Matthew 26:21-25; Mark 14:18-21; Luke 22:21-23; John 13:21-26

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list

--
Want to know what is going on in my brain?  Check out http://dr_bob.blogspot.com/
Daily Devotional for you at http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/