Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Heart Pondering

January 10, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Shepherds visit Jesus Luke 2:8 - 20

Luk 2:19 ESV
(19) But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.


Someone once suggested that I should keep a journal of all the things that God does for me in my life. When I get down or depressed, then I need encouragement for facing a problem, then I should turn to that book and review it's contents and be renewed. I never did do it, procrastination seems to have me in its grip a little bit, but I have taken the time to reflect on things. It is a great aid on the nights that I can not sleep, or when I get concerned about my family members.

Mary did this also. I know she told God that He could let Jesus be born through her, but I am not fully convinced that she understood all the nuances of what was to happen. And now a son is born to her and a bunch of shepherds, the rejects of society, come and praise her son's birth. Maybe she thought kings should be there and not shepherds? Maybe she thought that no one should be there.

But she kept these things in her heart. And as she did, she got such faith in Jesus that she was able to tell some people 'what ever He says to you do it.' That is faith, and it comes from pondering on Him.



Read for tomorrow: Circumcision of Jesus Luke 2:21