Friday, January 16, 2009

From Egypt to Israel

January 16, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Joseph's Family settles in Nazareth Matthew 2: 19 - 23

Matthew 2:20 Weymouth
20 "Rise from sleep, and take the child and His mother, and go into the land of Israel, for those who were seeking the child's life are dead."


Jesus comes back from Egypt with Mary and Joseph. Egypt is the world, Israel is our faith. There are times when we will need to go to the world, but like Jesus, we are never to loose who we are. I am not saying the world here is the people that we witness to, I am saying that there is a time when we will need to stop doing the work of the ministry and take rest and relaxation. Jesus had to get away. He never lost the focus of things though. He and the family knew what he was destined for.

I have had a problem lately with not wanting to do the tasks that I knew that I need to do. I wanted to play games on the computer, but not the work that I had to do. There is a time and a place for that. In the end, you have to shake it off and get back to the tasks that you have to do.

Take time from ministry once in a while. Get refreshed, but do not get in the world. You may be in Egypt but Israel is calling.

Read for tomorrow: Childhood of Jesus Luke 2: 40 - 52