Saturday, January 31, 2009

Doing what God says

January 29, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Herod imprisons John the Baptist; Matthew 4:12; Mark 1:14; (Luke 3:19-20)


Mark 1:14 GodsWord
14 After John had been put in prison, Jesus went to Galilee and told people the Good News of God.


Not sure about you, but I would not have headed out on a preaching tour if a close relative had been thrown into jail, especially if he was a ministry partner. But that is what Jesus did. He did not let what happened to John stop Him from doing what He needed to do.

It seems so simple to say. I am sure that I could say that I would do it. But when it came right down to it, I am sure I would stay home and circle the gates and prepare for what would happen next.

I need to learn to be more like Jesus in my life. Do what God tells me to do, when God tells me to do it.


Read for tomorrow: Jesus withdraws from Judea; John 4:1-3