Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wild animals

March 13, 2008

Deuteronomy 7:22 CEV
(22) As you attack these nations, the LORD will force them out little by little. He won't let you get rid of them all at once--if he did, there wouldn't be enough people living in the land to keep down the number of wild animals.


Recently I talked about how instant a society we live in. God how ever, does not do things in an instant. I often wonder why, for example, a particular problem that I am working on in my life is just not solved instantly.

The Israelites were told by God that He would not remove all the people at once. If He did then the land would be overrun with wild animals before they could occupy it. No, slow and steady is the better way to do it.

So what does that have to do with me and my problems (or you and yours for that matter)? Everything. If God was to get rid of them quickly for us, we might get into pride on how we were able to beat it. Or maybe we would think that God got us out of it once so fast He can do it again.

I do not know God's timing. I do know that I trust Him and I have to let Him work out things in His time and in His way.

Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Deuteronomy 5:1-7:26
Tomorrow
Deuteronomy 8:1-10:22
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool