Thursday, March 20, 2008

God has a secret

March 20, 2008

Deuteronomy 29:29 (Amplified Bible)

29The secret things belong unto the Lord our God, but the things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all of the words of this law.

A few months ago my pastor preached on the fact that God does not hold us responsible for what we do not know is a sin, but for what we do know is. He used some scriptures that kind of said what he was trying to say. I kind of put it on the back burner and asked God to show me other scriptures that would follow this thought. When reading the reading for today I was looking for what to write about. I had a few things that I noted as I was reading but all of a sudden this verse jumped out at me. Isn't God good.

God has secrets. He may choose to reveal them to us, and then we are responsible for them. But until and unless He does, we need to live by what has been revealed to us. And what has been revealed to us. God has revealed it to us in His Word. The life of Jesus would be a good place to start.

Let's start living in the secrets that God has given us though His Word.


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Deuteronomy 28:1-29:29
Tomorrow
Deuteronomy 30:1-31:30
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool