Saturday, March 29, 2008

Choices

March 29, 2008

We have choices in life, many of them. We have choices of what we eat, where we live, what kind of car to drive, even where to go to school. But we have a very important choice to make in our life, one that affects our eternity.

Joshua 24:14-15 CEV
(14) Then Joshua told the people: Worship the LORD, obey him, and always be faithful. Get rid of the idols your ancestors worshiped when they lived on the other side of the Euphrates River and in Egypt.
(15) But if you don't want to worship the LORD, then choose right now! Will you worship the same idols your ancestors did? Or since you're living on land that once belonged to the Amorites, maybe you'll worship their gods. I won't. My family and I are going to worship and obey the LORD!


I did not have a family that taught the way to God was only through Jesus Christ. I was told that message though. And with that message came one choice, to accept Him as my savior. But then I had another decision to make. If I would follow Him. You see, God will let us stay in our sins if we want. We can continue in our addictions. We can continue to hate people. We can, but that is not God's best for our lives.

Joshua told the people you can follow what ever gods you want. And we can do the same today by living a lifestyle not pleasing to God. But then he said something else. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. That is a conscious decision that you have to make and for those that God has given to you till they come of age. Have you made that decision or are you still following the 'other gods'?


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Joshua 22:1-24:33
Tomorrow
Judges 1:1-2:23
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool