Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wrestling

January 23, 2007

Genesis 32:25-29 GNB
(25) When the man saw that he was not winning the struggle, he hit Jacob on the hip, and it was thrown out of joint.
(26) The man said, "Let me go; daylight is coming." "I won't, unless you bless me," Jacob answered.
(27) "What is your name?" the man asked. "Jacob," he answered.
(28) The man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob. You have struggled with God and with men, and you have won; so your name will be Israel."
(29) Jacob said, "Now tell me your name." But he answered, "Why do you want to know my name?" Then he blessed Jacob.

I said the other day that I thought Jacob was a man who knew what he wanted and went for it. I say it again today. This was no trickster trying to get something for nothing. Someone like that will give up before things even get going. He wanted something from this being. If nothing else he wanted to win.

Live your life like you want to win, the saints of old did.

Read through the Bible in Historical order in one year:

Today:
Genesis 32:1-34:31
Tomorrow:
Genesis 35:1-37:36