Sunday, January 6, 2008

Great Council

January 6, 2008

Job 12:13 KJV
(13) With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.

Years ago I was seeking council over a problem I was having with another person. The person that I talked to on the phone listened while I said my side of things. Then I added at the end, 'of course you are hearing my side, the other person has a different view and the truth is somewhere in the middle.' He replied with something I had not thought of before. 'You know,' he said, 'that when you have several Christians together, that is where God is.'

I had never thought of that. While I knew that my side or the other person's side would be biased by our filters, it had not been a thought that the truth would be in the middle where God was.

When you get in a conflict with someone, always remember that the truth is there, and seek God for His council in it.


Read through the Bible Historically in a year:
Today
Job 10:1-13:28
Tomorrow
Job 14:1-16:22