Thursday, August 2, 2007

Spirit, soul and body

August 2, 2007

3Jn 1:2 NET
(2) Dear friend, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul.

How is your soul doing? Man is a spirit, he has a soul and he lives in a body. The soul would be what we call the mind, the will, and the emotions. How are they doing. I have had a lot of stress as I write this. It has not been what you would call a good week. I took a new job with low pay, will not get a paycheck for near a month and they will take most of that to pay for medical that I had to sign up for now or loose it. On top of all that, I went for a job interview and on the way got stopped by a policeman for expired tags and had to walk several miles in the heat to get all the stuff taken care of to get home from 30 miles away.

I say all that not for sympathy, but to say that my soul is not doing well. Why? Because I have let my mind be ruled by my emotions. Sure they were bad things, all of them. But you know what? God is not my source of finances, I had the strength to be able to walk, and at then end of it all, a kind policeman gave me a ride back to my car. I can focus on the bad or I can focus on the good.

And when I focus on the good, I get my soul to prosper. When that happens, I can be in good health and prosper. Is it time to do a soul check on your life so you can prosper and be in good health.


===Translation Information
Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright © 1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. www.bible.org . All rights reserved.