Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Co-dependent

August 8, 2007


Mar 3:23 ACV
(23) And having summoned them, he said to them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?


It is amazing sometimes what you see when you read a verse after a life changing series of events. You see, I am a member of a group at my church called Transforming Grace. It's purpose is to help people who have addiction problems of any type and to help them get out of the co-dependent lifestyle. Now I would have told you years ago that I did not have a problem like that, but I really did.

The trick is that I would say that I can get over that problem, I can lick it. I do not need help. You do realize, that living with the sin, I was trying to cast that sin out of myself. I could not do it. It is only when I came along side people who had gone through it and they prayed with me that I could begin to lick the problem. I could not cast any thing out of me. I had to have others to help me. Jesus said the same. How can Satan just cast out the things that he has created.

Never, ever think that you can get over your problems on your own. You will need help of good Christian brothers and sisters.