Thursday, July 30, 2009

A little at a time

July 30, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Blind man cured in Bethsaida; Mark 8:22-26

Mark 8:22-26 (NIV)
22They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him.

23He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”
24He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”
25Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.
26Jesus sent him home, saying, “Don't go into the village.


I often wonder why, when I read this passage, that Jesus did not just heal the man. Then as I re-read it one day I realized, each time I read the Bible, a little bit more of it comes clear to me. This set of verses makes it clear to me that anything that we get from God does not always come all at once.

When I pray for God to help me with a situation, I have found that He will help me out a little bit at a time. It is up to me to take what He gives me and make it more complete. How about you?

Read for next time:
Peter confesses that Jesus is the Christ; Matthew 16:13-20; Mark 8:27-30
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list