Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Divine Healing - Why?

July 14, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Many healed on a mountain; Matthew 15:29-31

Matthew 15:31 BBE
(31) So that the people were full of wonder when they saw that those who had no voice were talking, the feeble were made strong, those whose bodies were broken had the power of walking, and the blind were able to see: and they gave glory to the God of Israel.

In the past I have been asked why I believe in divine healing. Why would God want to heal people today? It is simple. It gives Him glory. Let me put it another way.

Money is tight. I told my kids that if they wanted to go to church camp this summer that they would have to raise money through fund raisers at the church. My daughter is in band. She is already spending some time at band camp but her little brother was not going to be able to go anyplace. She decided to raise money, not for herself, but so that he would get to go to camp. I thought it was neat but I know her real well and knew her heart. In telling that story to someone, they looked me in the eye and said, 'you have a special kid, you have raised her right and you must be real proud of her.' I was given the glory in something that she was doing.

God is our father, and like any father, He is happy when He sees his kids doing good.


Read for tomorrow:
Jesus feeds 4,000; Matthew 15:32-39; Mark 8:1-10
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list