Friday, July 10, 2009

Ever been called a dog?

July 10, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Gentile woman's faith; Matthew 15:21-28; Mark 7:24-30

Mark 7:27-28 CEV
(27) But Jesus said, "The children must first be fed! It isn't right to take away their food and feed it to dogs."
(28) The woman replied, "Lord, even dogs eat the crumbs that children drop from the table."


A woman asks for help and Jesus insults her by comparing her to a dog. Yet she gets what she wants. Why? Faith!

She wants her daughter healed. She will make sure that it gets done. She persists, and in the face of the insults she receives, she knows what she wants.

Sometimes I falter, I get weak. I whine to God how what I have believing for has not come to pass. One time, years ago, I got tired of it all and ran away from God. Is my faith anywhere near this woman's faith? This winds up being a good lesson to learn when I want to complain to God. Have faith and stick to it no matter what happens.


Read for tomorrow:
Jesus heals a deaf man; Mark 7:31-37
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list