Sunday, October 21, 2007

Attract Sinners

October 21, 2007


Luke 15:1-2 KJV
(1) Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

What is it that attracted sinners to Jesus? Of course not all sinners wanted to get near Him. The religious leaders wanted Him dead. So I guess that that only certain sinners wanted to be around Him. Still what was the reason they wanted to be near Him? What can I learn from Him, so that people will want to be near me and I can lead them to Jesus? I do not have any answers on this one. All I can do is ask and hope that someway God will answer me (or those on the mailing list may come up with some ideas).

One thing I know. When you start making friends with the sinners, expect some problems with the religious people.

(2) And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

Something that has not changed in the years since Jesus walked the earth. If you start helping the sinners and bring them into the kingdom of God, then the people that act like they love God will start to hate you. Maybe that is the answer to my original question. They act like they know God, maybe, and I am not judging here, they act and do not really know Him. Maybe what people saw in Jesus, that could be in our lives, is the fact that Jesus knows God. What a concept.