Saturday, November 20, 2010

Being Sent

November 20, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus ascends toward Jerusalem; Matthew  21:1; Mark 11:1; Luke 19:28

Mark 11:1 (International Standard Version)
1  When they came near Jerusalem, at Bethphage and Bethany, near the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples on ahead

We have established over the last few devotionals that the priest were out to kill Jesus. We know that the followers of Jesus are in danger as they want to kill Lazarus as well.  In the midst of all this, Jesus sends two disciples on ahead to Jerusalem.  He knew what was coming, they did not. I am sure they had heard the stories but when Jesus told them to go, they went.  

In my every day life, Jesus tells me to go and do things.  I do not always respond like I should because I fear embarrassment.  Is embarrassment worse then death? Why am I so timid compared to the disciples?  

I need to be more like them and not let things bother me, but do as Jesus tells me to do.


Read for next time: Two disciples get a colt; Matthew 21:1-7; Mark 11:1-7; Luke 19:29-35

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list