Thursday, November 11, 2010

Waiting for a sign

November 11, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus in Bethany; John 12:1

John 12:1 (1949/1964 Bible in Basic English)
1 Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had made to come back from the dead.

Jesus never left anything to chance. What seems like a set of words to point out where Jesus is points out something very important.  Jesus went to where Lazarus had been raised from the dead.  While it may be lost on me in the current day till now, I am sure that Jesus did it to point something out to the people.  He is about to tell them that he is going to raise from the dead.  He had done this for Lazarus as well.  

Jesus at His most trying time was still trying to tell the people what was going to happen.  It is their fault that they could not see it.  I am not really that much different.  I move blindly through my life trying to tell God what His will for my life is when He often makes it so simple that if I would just stay still long enough I would see it.  The trick for me, and I am sure for many others, is seeing it and knowing it is God.

Read for next time: Mary anoints Jesus in Simon's house; John 12:2-8

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list