Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Getting Away

November 9, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Journey toward Jerusalem for Passover; John 11:54

John 11:54 (Bible in Worldwide English)
54 That is why Jesus did not go among the Jews in the open. But he went to another part of the country, to a town called Ephraim. He stayed there with his disciples.

There is a time for a minister to be out with the people he ministers to. There is also a time for him to retreat.  Jesus did it many times, the ones that we note the most are the times that He left the crowds and the crowds followed Him.  

Jesus knew that they were plotting against Him at this point.  They were looking for a way to trip Him up.  They could not do that if Jesus retreated and would not come out into the open. He knew the time was not right and He must have needed the time to get ready for what was to happen.

I need time also.  I cannot give my all to everyone else and not take time for myself.  While I an not doing what Jesus is doing, taking the sins of all on me, I still need to look at this example.  If I do not, I can not face what lies in front of me.  That is not to say I can stay in that place of waiting, but that I can know that I can take time to regenerate once in a while.

Read for next time: Jesus discussed by Jews and Priests; John 11:55-57

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list