Friday, November 19, 2010

Pointing to Jesus

November 19, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Chief priests conspire to kill Lazarus; John 12:10-11

John 12:10-11 (English Standard Version)
10 So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well,
11 because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus.

If you become successful, people will want to get rid of you or what you do. Even a low level of success can bring problems.  I have had a small but steady following of people reading these messages but I have had people tell me ‘who do you think you are writing stuff like this.’  All I can tell them is I write them for me, and what God tells me, if others like them, then they are invited to read them.

Jesus had Lazarus with Him here.  The chief priest had decided to kill Jesus, that much is know.  But because Lazarus points to Jesus and says He is the one that raised me from the dead, He is a problem now.  Jesus was bad enough, but someone else telling about Him, that gets worse.  

When you get pointing to Jesus, others will want to kill your plans, or maybe kill you.  


Read for next time: Jesus ascends toward Jerusalem; Matthew  21:1; Mark 11:1; Luke 19:28

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list