Wednesday, January 5, 2011

When do I praise God?

January 5, 2011

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Two disciples get a colt; Matthew 21:1-7; Mark 11:1-7; Luke 19:29-35

Mark 11:9 (Bible in Worldwide English)


9 People in front of him and people behind him shouted, ‘Praise God! God bless him who comes in the name of the Lord!



A week later, the same people that were praising Him would be turning against Him. From my view in the future I can look back and say if I was there I would not have done the same thing.  I would not have been so fickle, and I would not have followed the crowd.
 

And I would be telling a lie to you and to me also.  I am so often the type that will praise God when the going is OK and get so discouraged when it gets hard.  In the hard times I do not want to turn to Him.  That is the time that I really do need to turn to Him the most.  It is easy to praise God in the easy times. It is the hard times that can be so difficult to do so.  When Paul and Silas were in prison in the middle of the night, it was a hard time. But they prayed and praised their way threw it and had a big salvation party afterwards.  



I need to get me so of that in my life.



Read for next time: Triumphal entry into Jerusalem; Matthew 21:8-11; Mark 11:7-10; Luke 19:35-38; John 12:12-18
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list