Monday, November 8, 2010

Our Words

November 8, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Parable of the Talents; Luke 19:12-27

Luke 19:22 (The Common Edition: New Testament)
22 He said to him, ‘I will judge you out of your own mouth, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a hard man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow?

I have read this verse many time, and never saw something in it.  We get what we confess.  No I do not mean the name it and claim it religion, I mean we get exactly what we confess.  Jesus says that by our own mouths we will be judged.  So many people want to say that there good works will get them into heaven, but that just is not so.  We will be judged by the words that we choose to use.  We will either accept Jesus and be with Him in heaven, or reject him and be in hell.

Many people try to make it so that a loving God would not send people to hell just because they do not believe in His son.  They will have to realize that it is not God who does it to them, it is their own words.

Read for next time: Journey toward Jerusalem for Passover; John 11:54
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list