Friday, February 1, 2008

Getting rid of frogs

February 1, 2008

Exodus 8:8-11 GW
(8) Pharaoh sent for Moses and Aaron and said, "Pray that the LORD will take the frogs away from me and my people. Then I will let your people go to offer sacrifices to the LORD."
(9) Moses answered Pharaoh, "You may have the honor of choosing when I should pray for you, your officials, and your people. Then the frogs will leave you and your homes. The only ones left will be those in the Nile."
(10) "Pray for me tomorrow," Pharaoh said. Moses replied, "It will be as you say so that you will know that there is no one like the LORD our God.
(11) The frogs will leave you, your homes, your officials, and your people. The only frogs left will be those in the Nile."

I have always wondered what was in Pharaoh's mind during this plague. Here Moses is asking when do you want me to get rid of the frogs that had taken over Egypt. Now, if it was me, and I had frogs everywhere I looked, in my cooking pots, my bed, my water, I think that I would have had a need to get rid of them quickly. But what does Pharaoh say? Tomorrow! He could have gotten rid of them immediately and he tells Moses tomorrow.

We have problems in our lives, just as Pharaoh did. They may be addiction, they may be getting along with people, even not being able to study or even work hard to get a promotion. Whatever they are they are like frogs everywhere we go. God asks you, when do you want to take care of those problems? We answer, tomorrow.

Make an effort today to get rid of your frogs.

Read through the Bible in historical order in one year:
Today
Exodus 7:1-9:35
Tomorrow
Exodus 10:1-12:51