Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Your best

February 13, 2008

Leviticus 2:1 (Amplified Bible)

1 WHEN ANYONE offers a cereal offering to the Lord, it shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil over it and lay frankincense on it.

The word fine can mean a lot of things. One of the commentaries that I looked at in preparation for this said that it would be the best that we have to offer.

Think about that. They were to take the best flour that they had and give that to God. I would think that they would want to keep the best for themselves, but in order to worship God properly they had to give their best.

How about you. When you worship God do you give it your best? Their are a lot of different ways to worship God. I know that when I write these up I am taking time to hear God and that involves worship. Lately I find myself squeezing in time here or there to do it. Is that giving God my best? Or when you go to church on Sunday, are you listening to the words you are singing or are you preparing for your work week? Do you hear the words of the preacher or do you look at others to see what they are wearing or doing? Are you giving God your best?

Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Leviticus 1:1-4:35
Tomorrow
Leviticus 5:1-7:38

http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool link.