Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sleep

November 4, 2007

Proverbs 24:30-34 KJV
(30) I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
(31) And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
(32) Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
(33) Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
(34) So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.


Sometimes reading a proverb like this can get lost in the translation to our time. As people involved in agricultural, they had to work daily to get things done. If they did not, they would loose the crops. Too much of that and the farm would go into ruin. But we do not work in farms today do we?

Seems like I go to work every day. I can do two things at work. I can do my job over and over again till it is done. Or I can waste time doing things that do not have any thing to do with my job. I can say to myself that since I do not get paid enough, that the company is getting what they paid for. Then I can complain when I do not get a raise.

When I fool around on the job, am I not having a little sleep, a little slumber? What comes next?