Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Controls

November 28, 2007

Is there something in your life that seems to have a life of its own? For me it was anger. I was very slow to anger, but once that fuse got down to the explosive powder, watch out. I would spew all over you in less than a second. I would justify it also. Then I would calm down and try to get back to normal, leaving a bunch of concerned people in my path. I thought I was controlling my anger cause I would bottle it. In reality, it was controlling me.

How about you? Something in your life? Money, sex, popularity, what drives in you inside so badly?

2 Peter 2:19 DRB
(19) Promising them liberty, whereas they themselves are the slaves of corruption. For by whom a man is overcome, of the same also he is the slave.


As long as something is inside you that drives you, then you will never have liberty. And you cannot promise anyone else that they will have liberty either. Anyone who tries to follow anyone other than God is just following another slave to corruption. If, like me, you are a slave to anger, it controls you and not you controlling it, then you cannot have the liberty that God wants you to walk in.

Now I am not perfect. I still get angry sometimes, but now it is the exception and not the rule. I have learned to let the anger out in a controlled motion (most of the time) and express myself a lot more clearly.

Learn what controls you, and then learn to control it.