Thursday, November 22, 2007

Bitter or Sweet

November 22, 2007

Revelation 10:8-11 KJV
(8) And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel whichstandeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
(9) And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
(10) And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
(11) And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.


The Gospel (the book given to John here) can be both a bitter thing and a sweet thing. To those of us who have listened to what it says and follow it it is so sweet a thing to have. On the other side, you can sit and watch loved ones reject the Word that they receive and it becomes so bitter to us that we will not see them in heaven.

Know that you need to give it over to God and go for the sweet. My mom is an example. She never told me not to tell her about God but did not believe what I was talking to her about. As time went by I just said, you take it God. Some ten years later, she was on the phone with me one day and she started telling me about a woman who lead her to the Lord.

I could have let the bitter stay in my stomach, instead, I went for the sweet. She knows God now in a way she did not before.

Go for the sweet.