Saturday, November 3, 2007

Complaining

November 3, 2007

This morning someone asked a group of men that I was with how did God bless you this week? I felt bad because I really had nothing to say. It has been a rough week for work and I have had some personal problems. In the end I kept my mouth shut. But was it the right thing to do?


Numbers 11:4-6 VW
(4) And the mixed multitude who were among them lusted after their lusts; and the children of Israel turned back and wept, saying: Who will give us flesh to eat?
(5) We remember the fish which we ate freely in Egypt, the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic;
(6) but now our soul is dried up; there is nothing at all except this manna before our eyes!

While I did not complain like the people of Israel did that they got just manna when they wanted meat and fruit to eat, I have spent much of the week complaining to God about what was going on in my life, like God does not know all that already. This group did nothing but complain, have I done much less.

Do you know what happened next in this story? God decides to feed them the meat they want. But He also made it so much that they ate till it came out of their noses. They gorged themselves on the food. But God is not happy with what these people have become.

Numbers 11:33 VW
(33) And while the flesh was still between their teeth, before it was chewed, the wrath of Jehovah burned against the people, and Jehovah struck the people with a very great plague.

What will happen if I get complaining all the time? Will he give me what I want? Will he give me so much I get sick over it? Do I dare even ask the next question?

I guess it may be time to get out of my complaining to God all the time. What do you think?