Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time alone

May 5, 2011

The Life of Jesus Today; Read - People come early to hear Jesus teach; Luke 21:37-38

Luke 21:37-38(EMTV)
And in the daytime He was teaching in the temple, but at night He went out and stayed on the mountain called Olivet. Then early in the morning all the people came to Him in the temple to hear Him.

Jesus was always out to do the Father’s work, teaching the people.  It would have made sense for Him to have stayed in Jerusalem and be able to get to the teaching that much quicker.  But each evening He left to go to the county around the city,  Why?  Could He not find any friends to take care of Him? Was there not enough people to protect Jesus?

Or maybe there was a need for Him to go somewhere else for a real reason.  Maybe Jesus could only give out from what He could take in.  Maybe He needed to get a word from God to be able to give to the people.

In my busy life I can often not take the time to read and meditate on the word.  But then, when I need to be able to minister to others, I will not have it in me to do so.  Even when life is not busy, I have to learn to take time away from distractions like the TV and the computer, so that I can take some time to be with my Heavenly Father.

Read for next time:  Greeks Seek Jesus; John 12:20-22

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list