Thursday, December 4, 2008

Why receive comfort?

December 4, 2008

Why do we receive comfort from God? I know some who take that comfort in like they were a sponge. They just keep taking it in and in and in. But that is not what God wants us to do. He wants us to help others.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 BBE
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort;
4 Who gives us comfort in all our troubles, so that we may be able to give comfort to others who are in trouble, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.


My path of late has been crossed by some trouble people. Because of the comfort that I have been receiving from God I have been able to help others. I may not know how to help them directly, but I can listen to them and steer them in the right direction.

Seek comfort from God, but seek to comfort others as well.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

2 Corinthians 1:1-4:18
Tomorrow
2 Corinthians 5:1-9:15
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list