Monday, December 1, 2008

Who gets to harvest?

November 29, 2008

1 Corinthians 3:6-7(ESV)

6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.

7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.

There are many steps when it comes to salvation. My own life is an example of this. I had one person praying for me. I had Gideon's handing me a Bible while I was in college. I had a unknown person (but a friend of a friend) take my step-children to Vacation Bible School. Lastly, I had a televangelist speak the word to me.

I do not think I am unusual in this regard. Reflect sometime soon on path to salvation. Look at who planted and who watered you till you came to know Jesus. Better yet, reflect on where you have planted and watered today.




Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

1 Corinthians 1:1 - 4:21
Tomorrow
1 Corinthians 5:1 - 8:13
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list

My extreme apologies about the lateness of this message. I have no excuses, only explanations. While everyone else enjoyed some time off for the holidays I worked 40+ hours in the 5 days I should have had off. This was at job#3. I also suffered a severe bout of depression which I am still not out of yet. Lack of sleep, volunteering at Children's church and work have me worn out. I have no messages prepared a few days ahead and all of this comes to you on a day to day basis.

Thanks to those who have written to encourage me the past few days. Though you did not know it you helped a down person through some down times. I will try to get these all caught up tonight and then stay on schedule.

God bless you all.