Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Depression

May 20, 2008

Psalm 42:5 (Amplified Bible)

5 Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.



Depression can be a hard thing in a life. I know because I suffer from a chemical depression, the brain is not wired right chemically. Till I was able to get on medication to help it life was just a difficult thing to get through each day. People would throw verses like this at me and tell me to get better (some still do, telling me I should have faith to get healed). I wanted him and expected something to happen and I just kept trying to praise Him in the way I knew how. As I was able to come out of things I was able to talk to myself and see that I needed to improve things.



I urge you if you know a depressed person to help them get help. If you are depressed seek out help. You need to get to a point where you can tell your soul that it needs to seek God. You need to get to a point that you can praise Him.



Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Psalms 5:1-12, Psalms 38:1-22, Psalms 41:1-13, Psalms 42:1-11
Tomorrow

Psalms 57:1-11, 2 Samuel 22:1-23:39
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool