Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Favor the poor

February 6, 2007

God never fails to surprise me when I read His word.

Exodus 23:3 MKJV
(3) And you should not favor a poor man in his cause.


Now if I was God, I would probably think that you should favor a poor man in his cause. The rich people are out to get him and he needs the help would be the logic that I would use.

Think about it though. God is not saying that you can not help the poor man, but that you need to get both sides. Poor people can con you just as well as rich people. If you do not believe that, watch some roadside intersections in the summer in the US for 'will work for food' signs. Actually go up and offer one of them a job and see what happens.

The truth is, we should not favor anyone, we should however, favor God in His causes

Read through the Bible in historical order in one year:
Today
Exodus 22:1-24:18
Tomorrow
Exodus 25:1-27:21