Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I know my reederer lives

January 8, 2007

Job 19:25-26 KJV
(25) For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
(26) And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:


Job has had a tremendous transformation in the time we have been reading him. In earlier chapters he has said that he did not know if there was anything after death. He was thinking that the darkness would swallow him up and he would be gone. Yet here he is saying that he knows that someone will come along to redeem him from his sins. To add to that he says that he knows that he will see God. In just the short time that he has been talking with his 'friends' he has changed a great deal. Why is that? His friends were not comforting him at all. In fact they were telling him that it was all his own fault.

I think that adversity can do one of things. It can destroy us or make us stronger. Someone once said what does not kill you makes you stronger. That is the case here. In trying to tell his friends that he was innocent, he made himself stronger in his own faith that he was.

When we face some of our darkest hours, when it feels like God has abandoned you, know that your redeemer lives, and his name is Jesus. You too shall see God when you die. Keep that faith because He is.