Saturday, November 8, 2008

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign...

November 8, 2008

Matthew 25:46 KJV
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.


With these words Jesus closes the parable of the sheep and the goats. While I am sure that much can be debated in the words that are written I just want to focus on one thing. Jesus said that they were separated, one group on His left and one group on His right. One group took care of those in need and went to heaven, one did not and went to hell. Many have tried to say that this supports the belief that works will get you in to heaven. I do not think that is so. What I think Jesus was trying to show here was the extreme situations.

I am not going to go to hell because I did not help a brother or sister in need. If I constantly do that, then I have to question my salvation, or at least my current walk with God. If I am truly saved, then I would want to do the things that Jesus did as he walked the earth. Not wanting those things I should stop and ask myself why?

Works will not save you, but not wanting to do them should be a warning sign.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Tomorrow
Matthew 26:1-75
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list