Sunday, November 2, 2008

Forgiveness

November 2 2008

When one asks to be forgiven, there is an action that should go with it.

Luke 19:8 (ESV)

8 And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, "Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold."

Zacchaeus wanted Jesus to forgive him. But in order to get that forgiveness he had to realize what he had done wrong and try to fix it. He took the steps necessary to build his relationship with God and Jesus. It is no different when we ask God to forgive us and receive salvation.

But what about our relationship with others? How many times do we tell someone we are sorry but really do not even think of what we have done, or what the words mean. I know several people who when I tell than I am offended, they will say I am sorry but then will just go ahead and do the same thing over again. If one is truly sorry, will they continue to do what they had before?

Zacchaeus knew that when we say we are sorry we have to do something about it. Now if I offended you with this I am sorry and I will not do that again (wink).


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Luke 18:15-19:48
Tomorrow
Mark 11:1-33
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list