Saturday, November 15, 2008

One way

November 14, 2008

Many years ago, I had the pleasure of sitting under what I believed was a man of God. If I mentioned his name, many of you might recognize him. I gained much from his ministry as I was going through a rough time after my divorce and had a lot of hate and anger in me. He helped one Sunday with his teaching on forgiveness. Each Sunday I know he used to give an alter call for those who wanted to be saved. though I had gained much in my short time there, I did not feel God was calling me to that church so I moved on. I kept track of him from time to time.

A few years ago, I was surprised to hear that this man was preaching a 'new' Gospel. In place of saying Jesus was the only way to heaven, he had started teaching that there were many ways to get to heaven and all one had to do was know that there was a god and seek him. So in essence, he had started to teach what was contrary to the Bible. He said he had scriptures to back him up and I am sure he did, but no matter what scripture he could pull out, the Bible has one scripture that will trump it:

Mark 16:15-16 BWE
15 Then Jesus said to them, ‘Go into every part of the world. Tell the good news to everyone.
16 The one who believes the good news and is baptised will be saved. But he who does not believe will be judged and punished.

There is no other way of salvation. Turn to Jesus and ask Him to forgive your sins if you have not now.

Read through the Bible in historical order
Today

Matthew 28:1-20, Mark 16:1-20
Tomorrow
Luke 24:1-53 , John 20:1-21:25
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list