Thursday, November 13, 2008

I AM

November 13, 2008

John 18:5-6 Common
5 They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am he." And Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them.
6 When he said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.

What power came from the words that Jesus speaks. Thin of those words, I am. When Moses wanted needed an answer to the question 'who sent me?', God told him "I AM". Now here is Jesus, facing the soldiers. He asks them whom they seek and they reply, Jesus of Nazareth. When he replies "I AM" they fall under the power. Was it the power of God? I think it was. Just the simple act of speaking those words showed who He was.

Jesus still has the power today. Turn to Him in your life and plug into the power.


Read through the Bible in historical order
Today
Tomorrow

Matthew 28:1-20, Mark 16:1-20
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list