Saturday, December 29, 2007

Perfection

December 29, 2007

As I am writing this, my football team, the New England Patriots, are in the hunt for a unbeaten season. The spots press and the NFL network are talking about a perfect season. While I know that they mean perfectly unbeaten season, it just sounds kind of funny to me. I mean, I have been watching the replays that they have been showing on TV, and I can tell you their games were far from perfect. Brady was sacked a lot of times, passes that should have been caught were dropped, this is perfection.

What I thought was interesting was a shot of Bellicheck, talking to Brady, telling him not to be afraid to make an incomplete pass. He was giving his star quarterback the right to make a mistake.

1 Peter 5:10 KJV
(10) But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect,stablish, strengthen, settle you.

We are not perfect and cannot be. God allows us to be in-perfect. But in our in perfections, we are called by God and he makes us perfect when we go through our difficulties. For me, that is more important than a perfect football season.