Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Bird in the Hand...

December 1, 2007

Genesis 26:2-3 NET
(2) The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt; settle down in the land that I will point out to you.
(3) Stay in this land. Then I will be with you and will bless you, for I will give all these lands to you and to your descendants, and I will fulfill the solemn promise I made to your father Abraham.

Why did Isaac want to go down to Egypt. He wanted to go because that is where the food was. There was a famine in the land and they needed to live. The natural told him to go where he could provide for his family.

The supernatural on the other hand told him to stay put. If he would do what God told him to do, the promises of Abraham, his father would be given to him.

Tough choice. Do you stay put because God told you to stay, or do you jump for what you think is the best deal?

Life is full of those promises and they put you where you are today. For my money, listen to God, for He always provides.