Thursday, December 27, 2007

Do not leave the way you came...

December 27, 2007

Out of the mouth a child can come some interesting observations. I read to my children each night from the Bible. We have been dragging our way through Ezekiel for a while now. It starts sort of interesting but really gets long and it seems to go on forever. When I read I try to explain what I think is going on and will let they give their thoughts as well. There has not been a lot of talking, just a lot of reading. But tonight my youngest came up with a brilliant observation as we read this passage:

Ezekiel 46:9 Complete Apostles' Bible
(9) And whenever the people of the land shall go in before the Lord at the feasts, he that goes in by the way of the north gate to worship shall go forth by the way of the south gate; and he that goes in by the way of the south gate shall go forth by the way of the north gate: he shall not return by the gate by which he entered, but he shall go forth opposite it.


It basically says, without giving any reason, that if you as a Old Testament believer went into the Lord from the north gate, you left by the south gate. Likewise if you enter from the south you will leave from the north.

'I know why', my son says. As this has been another dry reading I let him have the floor. 'When you go into meet the Lord, you get changed, and you should not go back to what you had before but leave by a different path.'

Simple thoughts but so true. Any time we worship the Lord, we should be changed in some way and not want to go back to what we were. God should have free reign in our lives to speak to us what needs change, and we should change it.