Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Love v. Fear round 2

December 5, 2007

My daughter has a fear of spiders and other small bugs. While she can play with plastic ones that are so life like it is incredible, she jumps and screams at the sight of a live one. There is not trying to reason with her. But dad always steps in and saves the day. I kill the bug and take away her fear. Why because I love her.


1 John 4:18 BBE
(18) There is no fear in love: true love has no room for fear, because where fear is, there is pain; and he who is not free from fear is not complete in love.


God loved us too. He could have let us live in hell for the rest of our lives but He did not. He had perfect love, Jesus, come down to earth and take the punishment that we should have had. Like I squish the bug for my daughter, He went to hell to squish our chances of ever going there. And a Father watched a Son die, because He had perfect love for us.

Walk in Love